Sunday 20 September 2015

The Importance of English for me (Edited 20/09/15)

English may not be the most spoken language in the world but it is the official language in many countries today. English is important as we can communicate with one another easily without any language barrier. Countries like the UK, USA use English as their core language. The use of English is very important when doing business overseas because it is a necessity for English to be used in a global workforce. Technically, by knowing how to speak English, I can communicate with approximately 1 billion in the world! English is fairly easy to learn compared to other languages like Tamil, Chinese etc.

Since young, I have used English as my means of communication. I find that English is a very useful language and it can help me better communicate with other people effectively. When I notice that there is a language barrier between me and the person I am talking to, I will use English to communicate. Most of the time, they will understand what I am trying to say which is why English is beneficial for us to make our lives much more easier. Even though I speak English most of the time, I am still weak in it. This can be seen when I am giving a presentation or interview. However, this weakness I have made me stronger and made me want to improve my English. That is why I am constantly learning and improving my English. Having started reading books and newspapers slowly made my English better each day.

English is a very interesting language, there is so many things you can do with English. I will never stop learning English and this journey will never end.

No comments:

Post a Comment